1. Is SALON SEVEN TRAINING ACADEMY a State Board approved
continuing education provider?
*Yes. Georgia License # CEP-000158 for 2022-2023
2. Do I have to answer test questions to receive credit hours?
*No, testing or examination is required
3. How long will it take me to complete the course?
*Once you download the course material, you can read the material at your own pace.
4. Do I need to complete a SUBMISSION FORM with every order?
Yes, you need to complete a submission form with every order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
5. Do you automatically send a copy of my Certificate of Completion
to my email address?
*Yes, once we receive payment for your course & your required SUBMISSION FORM, we will email your Certificate of Completion to the provided email address within
6. What if I misplace my Certificate of Completion, can I order an extra
copy of my Certificate?
*Yes. We can generate another copy of your Certificate of Completion to the provided email address for a fee of $10. Click here to request an additional copy of your CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
7. Do you report my results to the Georgia Board of Cosmetology?
No, we do not report continuing education hours to the GA Board of Cosmetology. At the time of license renewal, each licensee shall certify to the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers that he/she has completed the required continuing education. If you are audited by Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers, they will request that you send them a copy of your Certificate of Completion to verify CE hours.
8. Why is most continuing education training offered online?
*We find that most students prefer to complete their continuing education online on their computer, smartphone, or tablet.
9. Do I need to provide my certificate to the Georgia Board of Cosmetology to prove that I completed my continuing education when I renew my license?
*The Georgia Board of Cosmetology may ask you to provide them with a copy of your Certificate of Completion so be sure to print and keep your Certificate of Completion for up to 5 years?
10. How do I pay for the course?
*All payments are processed online. Our system accepts credit/debit cards and PayPal.
11. Do I have to have a PayPal account to pay for the course?
*No. PayPal accepts any bankcard. We do not accept E-checks.
12. If I do not have access to a computer or printer, can you send me a course booklet/material to my physical mailing address?
*Yes, we can print and mail the course material to you for an additional printing, prepping and mailing fee.
13. How many continuing education hours are required?
*To renew a license, each licensee must provide to the Board proof of completion a total of five (5) continuing education (CE) hours in a form acceptable to the Board as follows:
Three (3) hours of the total five (5) hours must be satisfied by a course in health and safety developed or approved by the Board. A health and safety course or program that meets or exceeds the three (3) hours that has been developed and offered through a college, university department, or division of continuing education of the Department of Education, the Technical College System of Georgia, the Board of Regents, or The American Red Cross may be accepted by the Board without prior approval; and
Two (2) hours of the total five (5) hours must be in a course previously registered with the Board in any of the following areas:
14. When does my license expire?
*All cosmetologist and barber licenses expire every 2 years. Depending on the specialty, they will expire on different dates. Below are the details for when each type of license will expire:
15. How many hours do I need to renew my professional license?
**5 CE hours are required for license renewal for Master Cosmetologists, Barbers, Estheticians, Hair Designers and Nail Technicians to include:
~3 CE hours of Technical College Systems of Georgia (TCSG)-Health and Safety
~2 CE hours elective related to the beauty or business field
**15 CE hours are required for license renewal for ALL INSTRUCTORS to include:
~7.5 CE hours in teaching methodology
~7.5 CE hours elective related to the beauty or business field
16. My license has lapsed, can I take the same course more than 1 time?
*If your license has lapsed and you need multiple hours, the Georgia State Board allows you to take the same course as many times as you need to in order to achieve your total CE credit hours with the stipulation that the course is not repeated the same day.
17. What happens if I don't renew my license?
If a license is not renewed, the license is placed in lapsed-late renewal status for thirty (30) days. An individual who continues to practice with an expired license is in violation of the law and may be subject to a fine, a public disciplinary action, and/or criminal prosecution. A license that is not renewed within the Thirty (30) days will become lapsed and will require an application for reinstatement
18. Will I receive a notification regarding license renewal?
Yes. You will receive approximately 6 courtesy email reminders during the renewal period. However, it is your responsibility to renew your license every 2 years on or before the expiration date. To avoid delays in processing your renewal, please be sure to keep your mailing address and email address current with the Board.
19. How do I renew my license once I receive my CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION?
* Renew your license at:
If you need to apply for your license, check reciprocity, renew your license, license expiration dates, check application status, submit apprenticeship hours, check for valid licensure or to print out your license, contact:
Board Contact Information:
Georgia State Board of Cosmetology
237 Coliseum Drive Macon, GA 31217
Phone: (404) 424-9966 Fax: (866) 888-1176
20. WHO QUALIFIES FOR A WAIVER OF THE CONTINUING EDUCATION (CE) REQUIREMENTS?
* The first time you renew your license you are not required to meet the CE requirements. Every renewal after that, you must complete five (5) hours of continuing education every two (2) years in order to renew your license for master cosmetologist, esthetician, nail technician or hair designer.
* Master Barber, Barber II, and Barber Instructor licenses are 'exempt' from CE requirements until the 2018 renewal year and will be required every two years thereafter.
* A licensee who has held a license for 25 years or longer is eligible for a waiver of the continuing education requirement; or A licensee who can prove to the Board that he or she has a hardship may request a waiver. The waiver request form may be downloaded here.
* Reinstatement applications ARE NOT eligible for a waiver of continuing education; Georgia law O.C.G.A. 43-10-10 requires documentation must be submitted for all required continuing education hours since the date the license lapsed. Additional information may be found on the reinstatement application. The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers cannot waive this statutory requirement.
To prepare for Georgia State Board Exam, order practice exams and for Testing Rules & Regulations, go to:
For Written and Practical Candidate Information Bulletin, online practice test, to set a date for your practical or written exam or to find directions to the exam locations, go to:
If no available dates are listed on the PSI website, call to book a date. The hours of operation, to speak to a live Customer Service Agent via phone or email are
Monday - Friday 4:30 am - 7:00 pm Pacific Time
Saturday - Sunday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm Pacific Time
21. What if I still have questions about completing my continuing
*No problem. Just call our continuing education specialists Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm at (770) 853-7024 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO REFUND POLICY ON COURSES, CLASSES, SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR PURCHASES